Imagine that you have one day to stay closely with one of the most adorable creatures on the planet, what will you do? Do you want to come face to face to giant pandas, observe their daily life and even hug one in your arms?
At present, Dujiangyan Panda Base is the only place where you can do volunteer work and hug giant pandas. Take this full day panda volunteer program in Dujiangyan Panda Base from 08:30am to 16:00pm, making you an "Honorable Keeper", "Panda Nutritionist" and "Love Feeder" to take care of the cuddly giant pandas. What's more, volunteers can watch panda documentary to know more scientific facts about giant pandas, baby pandas and red pandas and how to protect them, have fun trip to see pandas climbing trees, playing together, eating and sleeping, etc. It will be once-in-lifetime experience even just a few hours with giant pandas.
Following a short training,volunteer service might include:
Assistant to the panda keepers:
- Cleaning panda areas and enclosures
- Preparing food for the pandas such as carrots, apples, panda bread and their nutritional biscuits
- Carrying lots of bamboo
- Sometimes you might be able to help collect behavioral data
- You will also have time to watch and photograph the pandas
Interpreter in the panda garden:
- Introduce the giant panda research, such as breeding and hand-rearing.
- Introduce the giant panda research cooperation with the USA, Japan, Austria, Thailand etc
- Introduce all the giant pandas, their different habit, behavior etc.
- Tell stories of the giant panda for the visiting Chinese and international tourists.